This is an old rant…No nothing happened today to bring it on I’m just sitting here lost in my own mind.
Okay. So. I’ve always been a person of few words. I say what I mean and leave it at that. Why does it seem that people always expect, almost insist, that there should be some underlining meaning or something more that needs said? I’m not that complicated. Really I’m not.
So yes I know that this has no relevant meaning to anything at this moment but I said I was going to write more and I didn’t have any idea what to write so…. here it is….
So. It is said that it takes 21 grueling days to create a new habit. Well it just so happens that there are a couple new habits I want to create.
- Eating Healthy
- Saving for a house
There are more but I think this is a good start.
So ways I’m getting started:
- Eating Healthy…I’m doing more of my own cooking and trying to take my lunch to work with me.
- Writing…I not going to count yesterday so today will be day 1 for making a post of some kind.
- Saving for a house…I have a plan to have almost enough for a down payment in the bank by July….enough to start looking anyway with a hopeful move in date of this time next year.
- Exercising…? I know how to start…I want to start…I just haven’t found the motivation yet lol
I guess that 3 out of 4 is a pretty good start. Right? Right? Maybe not but it is a start.
Any recommendations for any of the above are welcome as long as you’re not trying to sell me something or trying to get me to sell something for you. My crazy is enough for me right now 🙂
Love to all
Ok. So. Here it is.
A good friend of mine talked me into applying for the local elevators union here in the Quad Cities. Actually the local hall is located in Des Moines, IA which is about 3 hours away from me. This is where I’ll have to go to take the test. And interview. And do any other testing/classes that I may need…..
Here are his arguments:
- The money I can make
- That I am a woman (they need woman and other minorities to fill quotas)
- That I have some basic knowledge mechanically
- That I have a brain in my head
He apparently thinks I’m fearless…..
Ok. So. I did it….I’ve put in my application with transcripts and complete and total lack of experience. So now I’m sitting here going – OMG! What did I just get myself into?! They want me to take a test?! On that I haven’t done since I was a teenager (have I mentioned I’m 41)!
Ok. So here are some truths about me….
- I AM NOT FEARLESS! The whole idea of starting over (yet again) scares me spitless.
- Yes I have some basic mechanical knowledge….I at least know what a wrench is lol
- A TEST? ON MECHANICAL S***?! OMG! Most of which I’ve never done and/or if I have it’s been 20+ years….. Yes I took my ASVAB and mechanical was my highest scoring section but that was 23 years ago!
- Quota? Smota! This just means I have to work harder to prove that I can do it (ok so I can handle that – I’ve been doing that most of my life lol) but it also means that walking in people think less of me.
- Lifting 100 pounds – regularly?! Multiple times a day?! I weigh all of 135 pounds…..yep this is gonna hurt lol
- I’m scared of heights….
Ok. So. I guess I have some self-teaching to do. I need to bush up on some math…….Off to the library I go….